Saturday, June 28, 2014

Hi Russ.

Hi Russ.  Thanks for pointing me to the video's about Hangouts.  I've watched them and I'm still confused.  I understand the big picture but I'm having trouble with specific functionality and I'm hoping you can help me.  Let me explain my objectives and you can let me know if you can be my muse.

I am the First Vice-Regent of Roswell King DAR chapter, in Dunwoody, Georgia.  Our chapter is unique in a several ways and I'm trying to make a more cohesive group.  Our chapter meets on the third Tuesday of each month (except 3 months in the summer) from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.  Our chapter is organized for working women.  Part of our membership are retired working women, the other part of our membership consists of working women.  My goal is to find a way to include both sides of working women.  Our retired members are advanced in age and are mostly unavailable for meetings.  Our working women wear many hats.  Their schedules are packed between work and family.  I believe HOA's will be an excellent way to bridge the gap between working and retired members.

To complicate matters, the women wanting to join our chapter are typically working professionals with limited time.  Our chapter Registrar is stepping down after 8 years and we have no one as a capable replacement.  I want to use HOA's as a way to communicate with our prospective members.  As with any lineage society, there are specific guidelines on how to fill out the application.  I want to be able to interact with one or more person's to guide them in the application process.  Additionally, I need to provide an avenue whereby others in my chapter can help.

Is there any way you and I could talk real time so you could walk me through the process of actually doing a HOA?  The video's provide some information but I'm missing a few key points.  I'd really appreciate your time and instruction - and so would our chapter!  Thanks - 

Marsha

6 comments:

  1. Marsha Van Ham 

    I am going to see if DearMYRTLE and I can do a Video Call or HOA with you to talk about it. 

    The video that Magnus Sälgö is too broad for your needs. DearMYRTLE and I have done this in that past. 

    I will chat with her and see when we could talk about this with you in Real Time.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha Van Ham 

    Please let me know when +DearMYRLE and I could meet with you to have a Chat. We do have some ideas.

    Thank you,

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can definitely do this with a community to keep track of conversations via posts and then add Hangouts on Air with specific advice, etc. I am away most of today but wonder if we might meet after Mondays with Myrt to discuss specifics. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be awesome, thank you and Cousin Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to our discussion! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.