Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hi Russ.

Hi Russ....I was watching the discussion in DearMyrtle's HOA from early last week when you guys went 24 hours during the indexing event about the ways that images and sources are attached in different database programs.  

I am curious in FTM how you and others in the community use the Fact called "Census".  When I merge a census record from Ancestry.com into my FTM database it usually creates different facts for the different pieces of information found in the census.  So I end up with a fact for "Residence", "Birth", "Race", "Sex", etc rather than one for "Census".

What is the advantage to including the "Census" Fact?

I am using FTM 2014 on Windows 8.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Magnus Sälgö 

    The term FACT is a term that Family Tree Maker uses. Evidentia uses the term Claim, other genealogy database management programs offer the term Event.

    We gather the "facts" about the people in our database.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you everyone! I will continue to use the residence fact! I appreciate the I out!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.