Friday, October 17, 2014

Randy Seaver has reminded us of his way of searching specific records.

Randy Seaver has reminded us of his way of searching specific records. It WORKS. Thank you for the reminder. Completely forgotten about this. But then, it wasn't until this past week that I did anything in my Online Tree.

Thank you,

Russ

Originally shared by Randy Seaver

You can search Ancestry for a specific database (e.g. SSDI) for persons in your Ancestry Member Tree - see hack in http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/10/finding-record-hints-for-persons-in.html

2 comments:

  1. It sure does!  I know how to get the collection number and the AMT number.  But where did the rest of the URL come from??  I've bookmarked it so that all I'd have to do is change the collection number.  But where would I get it if I was working on a different machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave Robison  A reader of mine back in January 2013 came up with the rest of the URL somehow.  It works!  

    You could always get it if you remembered your blog post about it or my blog post about it.  That's why I forgot about it!  I added it for both of my AMTs to my Bookmarks Bar in Chrome.  That shows up whenever I log into any computer with my Google credentials and run Chrome.  You could also put it in your Dropbox or Google Drive account.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.