Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hey Cousin Russ, since you are a user of Evidentia, can I get yourinput on how you enter information?

Hey Cousin Russ, since you are a user of Evidentia, can I get your input on how you enter information? For the most part, I've been creating separate sources for each of my "finds". So when I have a census record, a FindAGrave entry, etc., I've enter each as it's own source, with a title of something like "Gravestone Photo - John Smith" or something like that. I do have one source for my personal artifacts and papers with multiple citations within. Is that how you have it set up? I can see how one could have a single source for something like the SSDI, with multiple citations under that for individuals, but the way I'm reading Evidence Explained, for FindAGrave items, I should put the year of access in the source citation, correct?

Thanks!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Michelle Dickens 

    I didn't talk about your Find-A-Grave example. I don't use Evidentia for Find-A-Grave information. Mostly because I use Evidentia for my problem ancestors or conflicting information on a specific person.

    BUT, If I did, I would use it in the SAME way I record it in FTM2014. I have Blogged about that a lot

    I have 23 blog posts on how I record information from Find-A-Grave

    http://ftmuser.blogspot.com/search/label/Find-A-Grave

    I would follow the same steps in Evidentia, depending on WHAT I was looking at and where I found it.

    Hope that helps,

    Russ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.